View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhianon Hobbit
Leader

re: Server Closures

It's a couple of days until news of which servers will stay and which will go. I don't want to speculate until we have final details but will leave this post up so people can post views of where they might like to go if Withy closes, which a lot of people suspect it will.

Alternatively let me know in game, chat or send a mail.

For more info see:

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

also some other questions I saw answered by a blue name on forum:

1. Are we keeping the most active servers? In some cases, yes. The intention is to move the least amount of players while maintaining some of the more specialized environments.

2. Does the Kinship disband when the Kinleader moves? Yes, it does. This means all messaging to players should be through in-game mail and forums before leaving the world. We can set mail to last longer on the closing worlds (6 months) so that those who log in after the kinleader moves, but before the worlds become unavailable can receive mail on destination target.

3. What happens to a bound item in a Kinhouse from a character that has been deleted or already transferred? Items in this case will be deleted as the owner of the item no longer exists so there is no location to assign that item. If the Kinleader moves before the owner of the bound item moves and the owner has not been deleted, then the item will be placed in the owner's housing escrow account.

4. Transfer of Reaver (or other Monster characters): You can have multiples of one type in cases of transfer of monster characters. In this case you should find a small drop down arrow next to that monster type that will give you a selection of Reavers (or other types) to choose from.

5. Can I transfer to multiple worlds while in the free transfer period? Yes. There is no limitation to the number of transfers you can do. Once the transfers between the remaining 10 are no longer free, however, you will have to pay to move between them.

6. Can you grant more character slots? We are now looking into adding 2 free character slots to all Premium and VIP accounts. We will also have a sale on character slots.

7. Why not do names purely on seniority? A few posters have explained the complication of this already. We had to come up with a solution that would work for Transfers going forward. Going off a seniority based system would result in active players always risking that their name could be changed at any point, not just when they transferred. No solution was perfect. We went with an option that will help free up a number of names for players transferring in, while not disturbing the players who are already there and actively playing the game. 

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-closure-announcement

withy will be closed.

options to move are (unless you can handle French or Germany):

1. Laurelin (RP server)
  2. Evernight

I just read this news in MOP, I was a bit taken aback to be honest, for some reason I kind of thought it would apply to everyone else and Withy would be safe. In my little pink and fluffy lined world I thought there would be several EU servers left open and Withy would be one of them, how wrong can you be.

I will go where the kin goes, even though I am playing hooky at the moment it never lasts long as you know.

So I guess if I had to give an opinion, for me it would be Evernight as choice 1 and Laurelin as choice 2, I can't imagine we are considering French or German as we have members from all over Europe, but as I said, whatever the Kin decides I am happy with.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

reading this makes me a bit happier specially about the kinship disband and automatic reform on the new world, along with all historical info

Nindareth
Kinsman/Kinswoman

I told you yesterday that I wasnt for sure where to go because i had friends talking about going to both places. But yesterday they told me that they are leaning towards Laurelin. After I found out that some of the people from Snowy are going to Evernight, I will be going to Laurelin.

Rhianon Hobbit
Leader

Thanks all. Keep posting - am making a list from both forum and in game notifications!

I know by how divided opinions are at the moment that whatever our decision, some people will be disappointed by the choice whatever it turns out to be.

However, I am also fairly confident that a lot of players will be on both servers due to sheer number of characters if nothing else (and I count myself in this group) and so even if we officially part ways as a consequence of the closures, I hope we can stay in touch.

As i said earlier in game: I vote for server with lower population (which i predict to be Laurelin)

and for rhi

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/kinship-transfer-guide

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?575685-World-Transfer-Status-Update-8-26-2015

seems that timeline has changed again and transfers start from smalest setvers (as far i know withy is among smalest servers in EU)

Hey lovely people, have we any decision on where we are going to call home yet?

How is the voting leaning, enquiring minds need to know:) also nosiness is a virtue, specially for hobbit's

Rhianon Hobbit
Leader

Sorry for late reply - at time of posting we're still very divided but with Evernight leading. Sadly, the gap is pretty small and those who favour Laurelin are very torn as that is where most of their non kin friends go.

Votes died down after the initial rush and so unless something unexpected happens in the meantime I'm fairly certain it's destination Evernight for us.

Word is populations on both servers seem to have dramatically increased already and only 2 servers have moved so far and they've been the smallest. Opening up the transfers has definitely drawn a lot of players back to the game. 

Jump to: